Different Types Of Rakhi
Mar 15, 2018 // By:admin // 7 comments
Rakhi is one of the most popular Hindu festivals that revolves round the beauty of a brother-sister relationship. Right from our childhood, we share a sweet-and-sour relationship with our siblings. We laugh together, fight together over trivial matters, crack jokes, and also lend shoulders to each other when something goes wrong.
With passing times, this serene bonding gets even stronger. Being an occasion that acknowledges this beautiful human relationship, Rakhi is one of the much awaited Indian festival. For yearlong, siblings wait for this day which promises to script much fun, frolic and festivity to them.
The rituals that are performed on this occasion also vibes perfectly with the sacredness of the event. Sisters tying Rakhi threads to their brothers and praying to the Almighty for their lifelong success is the keynote of this festival. These auspicious threads of protection are aptly formulated to promote your emotions in a righteous manner.
During Rakhi, the market places all throughout India are overflooded with various types of Rakhi. A complete segregation of a variety of Rakhis as available in the market is given as below:
* Rakhi Thread: As Rakhi Threads are the most necessary element in observing this auspicious Hindu festival, sisters always give an extra care in buying the same for their respective brothers. In yesteryears, these were basically made of silk. However, with passing times a variety of Rakhis have come into fashion. Now, these are available in different beautiful designs and patterns. Various materials like colored papers, designer plastics, beads, semiprecious stones, embroidered threads, etc., are used to give a Rakhi Thread a more gorgeous appearance.
* Kids Rakhi: These are really making the cut these days. Kids Rakhis come in different designs, like one that sporting a replica of popular cartoon characters like, Spiderman or of Dennis, the Menace, or that of a Mickey Mouse. Kids Rakhis are artistically fused with the embellishment of innocence and sweetness for making the little heart happy. All these collections are sure to overwhelm any kid in India to the most.
* Zardosi Rakhi: Zardosi embellishments enthrall us all. So, why not send a Zardosi Rakhi to India with finest embroidery artwork studded atop it? The intricate designs and the elevated ornamentation that adorns these Rakhis are sure to attract all. Some of these Rakhis designed with satin bases, while some feature intricate stoneworks. A Zardosi Rakhi, therefore, holds a special place among the collection of different types of Rakhi that you can buy for your brother.
* Lumba: Tying of this sacrosanct thread of protection is no more concentrated to the brothers only. These days, girls even tie Rakhis to their sisters-in-law, commonly known as Lumbas in India. These are well designed with highly decorated materials that is sure to attract any feminine heart. Celebrating the festival of Rakhi with Lumbas for Bhabhi is also a much popular practice in India nowadays.
* Precious Rakhis: Apart from these aforesaid classification, there are also some Rakhis that have created a huge uproar these days. Among these Diamond & Gold Rakhis and Pearl Rakhis should find an eminent mention herein. Some of these Rakhis incorporate American diamonds, while some other flaunts real diamonds. The usage of pearls in some of these Rakhis also express laudable designs and exquisite decorations that are truly commendable as a high level artistry.
Nowadays, the affect of globalization has led many a good Indians to settle abroad. And the US, being one of their most favorite offshore destination, Indians today eye for some reliable avenues to send rakhi to USA. This desire has been made easy with the advent of a host of gifting websites. E-gifting has facilitated much, as sending gifts through the courier services always involve hassles. The prompt delivery of gifts is not at all assured. But today, it has been a child’s play to send a rakhi to USA through these online gifting portals.
So, whether you have to send rakhi to USA or to somewhere in India, through e-gifting it has been a lot easier. Even when the day of rakhi is over in India, the new dawn in the US vows to vibrate with the fresh essence of this sacrosanct festival. So, end of the day of rakhi in India never restricts one from sending rakhi to USA and celebrate it with full gusto.
In case you are wondering that when is Rakhi 2011, then to let you know that this year the festival is on August the 13th. Send your affections of the day with an exclusive Zardosi Rakhi or Kids Rakhi to India via internet and let your dearest sibling feel the touch of your love and care to the best. Even if you wish to send some other types of Rakhi to India, you can also select and send the same herewith.
So, start your preparations right now, and make this beautiful festival of Rakhi a mirthful occasion, waiting to be cherished for an elongated period of time.
Wish you a happy Rakhi 2011!
About the Author:
The author writes for GiftstoIndia24x7.com, an online gifting portal. This site aims to connect the global NRIs by enabling them to send Rakhi to India. Rakhi 2011 is on 13th August. Send Rakhi to India through us and experience the difference.