Essential Facts about Flanges
Feb 2, 2018 // By:admin // No Comment
Flanges are used on rails to ensure that the wheels are kept in well motion and the rails are not easily worn out. Flanges are normally used for connecting two pipes together through the bolts or the welding method.
Flanges are made from many materials, of which steel is the most common material. Steel flanges are commonly used in plumbing systems and in other applications because of their low maintenance and higher service life.
Flanges help to keep the pipes stay strong without the risks of leaks.
Welded flanges are used in high pressure zones and they reduce the flow rate and prevent the pipes from corrosion. Whereas in low pressure areas, it is recommended to use flanges with bolts as it facilitates smooth flow.
The flanges are available in various shapes and the most common ones being rectangular, oval and round. There are different flange standards worldwide and to ensure easy inter-changeability, these are designed in standardized dimensions.
Different Types of Pipe Flanges
There are many types of pipe flanges
• Blinds which are round plates: Mostly used to close the piping system.
• Lap joints are fitted with lap joint stub ends: These can be easily installed and removed and hence are ideal for systems that require constant cleaning and inspection
• Orifice: It is used to determine the intensity of the flow rates of gases or fluids in any system.
• Reducing flanges: Used to change the diameters in piping system and are handy options to reduce the diameters in pipes.
• Slip ones: These flanges slide over the edges of pipes and can be used in low pressure areas.
• Threaded Flanges: These are similar to the slip-on flange, but the bore is threaded. The main advantage of this is that it can be assembled without welding, which makes it well suited for low pressure applications at ordinary atmospheric temperatures and in highly explosive areas where welding create a hazard.
• Industrial flanges made from alloy steel, carbon steel or stainless steel is widely used. Available in a range of sizes, industrial flanges include iWeldneck, Slipon, Blind and Socket Weld among others.
There is a range of flanges for every possible need of yours. B2b market zone will be a great one stop shop to get more information on the latest products and possibilities of flanges.
For More Information Visit Us : http://www.stainlesssteelfittingsindia.net/
The company Piyush Steel Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in manufacturing, exporting & supplying a wide range of Steel Flanges, Industrial Flanges